Bridgton Easy Riders September Meeting
Meeting called to order 6:50 PM by President Blaine Chapman
Treasurer’s Report read by Mary Corthell, Treasurer
Minutes of April Meeting were partially read
MEMBERSHIP: Lega Medcalf will send out membership information out in next few weeks
EQUIPMENT: Groomers are ready for the new season.
- Mark Lopez rerouted the trail around the area he cleared for new storage buildings, near Paris Farmers Union.
- Everlast Roofing rerouted the trail behind their new building, on So. High St. We will need to install a new bridge back there.
- Blaine and Steve had met with both those landowners, and Blaine will thank them in the Bridgton News.
- Blaine will talk with the owner of Campfire Grille about a private trail to their new location.
- Road work by Lampron’s has created a problem with water runoff onto the trail. The Club may need to build a ramp there.
- Several logging projects have impacted the trails, and all trails will need to be checked this fall, since we did not get out on them last year.
OLD BUSINESS: Marci Wilde has been updating the club’s web site (bridgtoneasyriders.com)
FUNDRAISER: Discussion of a Gun Raffle. Bob Pelletier moved we go ahead with the raffle, seconded by Lega Medcalf. Voted yes. Blaine will get information on types of guns, costs, details of raffle, and report at the Oct. meeting.
TRAIL MAPS: According to Jim Stacy at Cardinal Printing, many maps were left over from last season, and other Clubs want to use the maps they already have. Using last year’s maps will save our club about $900.
- Blaine & Judy Pelletier will work on getting the landowner letters out soon.
- Blaine is working on two grant applications.
- Bill Preis is the new MSA Correspondent.
- Bob Corthell learned there are no Snowmobile Safety courses offered in Cumberland County, and asked if our club would be interested in sponsoring one. He will get more information on this.
- Scott Ramsey has retired as head of the Snowmobile Program at IF&W.
CLUB TRIP: Bill Preis will work on organizing it again this year.
Adjourned 7:40 PM
Next meeting October 14, 2016.
Respectfully Submitted, Jean Preis, Secretary