Bridgton Easy Riders January Meeting
Meeting called to order 6:50 PM by President Blaine Chapman
Treasurer’s Report –read by Mary Corthell, for Dave Croteau
Minutes of December Meeting –correct date of Rally is Feb. 20
MEMBERSHIP: 85 members (incl. 3 new joining tonight); Businesses 22
EQUIPMENT: ’07 Tucker picked up 12/23 by Cook’s; went over everything on it. Found more work than we expected, including the transfer case had chipped gears & needed replacement. Many things that should have been done by previous owner had not been done. Original repair/maintenance estimate of $9,000 was increased to $16,000-$17,000. Should be back to us Jan. 15 @ earliest. Blaine asked to have all old parts returned to us. * 1989 Tucker was gone over a few days ago by the club. LED lights were added on rear, to light up drag. It runs well & is ready to go. Phil Gabardi thanked Blaine & Steve for taking on responsibility of making repair decisions. Those in attendance agreed.
TRAILS: Rebuilt ramp at Preis’s. Signs are up. Brushing done behind New England Boat; checked bridge behind Dunkin Donuts where beavers were working.
- Poker Rally from Bridgton Community Center Feb. 20, same day as Winter Carnival. No snowmobile rides on lake, but offered to help prepare track on lake for dogsled rides. Need volunteers, especially soliciting prizes from local businesses. A sign-up sheet is being passed around.
- Sold griddle from snack shack to Harrison club for $450. Tried to sell remainder on Craig’s List – no luck so far.
- Club trip Feb. 9, 10, 11 to Bishop’s Motel, Jackman.
- 25 people signed up. Bill Preis has list.
- Motion by Moe Pukulis that the club pay lodging costs for Chapmans & Brills. Voted yes.
- The 8 AM group will leave from American Legion, Naples; the 6 AM group will leave from the Chalmers lot in Bridgton, across from Big Apple. Motel check-in is at 2 PM.
TRAIL MAPS – ads are pretty well set, and maps are probably on the way to printer now. Blaine sent in a last minute correction to include a trail that had been deleted.
- Motion by Phil Gabardi: A person must be a current member of the club in order to drive club equipment. Voted yes.
- Our Feb. 12 meeting is the same day we return from the club trip. We will have a pizza party instead of a pot-luck. Roberta will notify members by e-mail.
- Reciprocal weekend with NH / Maine is last weekend of January.
- Henry Duquette sent duplicate payment for club website – will talk with Mary Corthell to be reimbursed. Marci Wilde is taking over the website.
Adjourned 7:40 PM
Next meeting February 12, 2016.
Respectfully Submitted, Jean Preis, Secretary