Bridgton Easy Riders February Meeting
Meeting called to order 6:50 PM by President Blaine Chapman
Treasurer’s Report read by Mary Corthell, Treasurer
Minutes of January Meeting were read and approved
MEMBERSHIP: 82 family, 22 business memberships received so far
- We bought wheels and other replacement parts for the Tucker
- Torn track on 2007 Tucker is a serious problem, and can not be repaired, so we need a new track
- Discussion of whether the Club should look into grant possibilities to help with costs of running the grooming equipment. Anyone interested on working on this should contact Blaine.
- Discussion of continuing to repair the groomer, or looking into buying a new one
- Discussion of a building to shelter groomers
- There is a very big hole on Otter Pond trail.
- On the West Bridgton trail, a previously unused 20’ long bridge was moved to cover very large water hole. It was a challenging and complicated operation, but worked well to restore that part of the trail.
- While working, the crew rescued an elderly golden retriever that was lost, cold, and wet. Blaine kept the dog safe until the police arrived. The incident ended happily when the dog was returned to its owners
WEBSITE & FACEBOOK:
- Marci Wilde is posting trail conditions, including name of trail, map reference, and date it was groomed. She is doing a nice job keeping this up to date.
- Map boxes are bringing in donations, perhaps enough to cover costs of maps
- Blaine will look into getting the Memorial sign for Basil & Rena Ward.
- Steve & Blaine went to NH on the Reciprocal Weekend, & saw many sleds coming into Maine.
- The Rangeley day trip had 4 riders. They rode to Tea Pond Cabins, the top of Quill Hill, and had a great day.
- Fourteen people went on the Club trip Feb. 7, 8, 9 to Bishop’s Motel in Jackman.
- 242 tickets have been sold so far for gun raffle
- Bob Corthell is organizing another day trip: trailer to Oquossoc and ride to Bose Buck Camps for lunch
- Neighboring Club poker rallies will appear on the website & Facebook. We often have a group that rides the Denmark Rally
- Our Club’s Rally is Feb. 25 at Community Center. Joanne Brill did a nice job of successfully contacting local business for donations of items for our Rally
Adjourned 7:45 PM
Next meeting March 10, 2017
Respectfully Submitted, Jean Preis, Secretary