Bridgton Easy Riders March Meeting
Meeting called to order 6:50 PM by President Blaine Chapman
Treasurer’s Report –read by Mary Corthell, for Dave Croteau
Minutes of February Meeting – read and approved.
MEMBERSHIP: 27 business; 88 members
EQUIPMENT: The Tucker has a problem with brakes locking up & smoking, which needs to addressed before next season. Otherwise, both groomers are in good condition.
TRAILS: Meet next Sunday to go pick up trail signs. No more riding this season, because the ground is not frozen.
- The Rally was a success, thanks to everyone who helped. We could use signs for next year to advertise it. We can put them around town & on the trail.
- Club Trip: Due to lack of snow only three couples went to Jackman, and rode a couple of days, on trails of varying qualities.
- TRAIL MAPS – We have sold few maps due to lack of snow, and may consider reusing our supply of maps next season.
- Grant requests for next season will be submitted soon. Scott Ramsey wants applications in ASAP. He reports the state funds for next year are down $300,000 – $500,000, due to the low number of sled registrations this season.
- Marci Wilde has set up a new, improved website for the club: www.bridgtoneasyriders.com
- Blaine would like club members to come up with new ideas for fundraisers.
- Officer elections will be held at our April meeting.
- Terms are up for President, Treasurer, and two Directors.
- All nominations should be given to Phil Gabardi, who will chair the Nominating Committee.
- Marci Wilde will put a notice on the website, requesting nominations.
- According to the By-Laws, to be eligible for an Officer position a nominee must have been a member of the club, in good standing, before the January 2016 meeting, and must attend 70% of club meetings.
- Lega Medcalf volunteered to help Sandra Gabardi with membership next year, with the intention of taking it over the following year.
- Bill Preis volunteered to be MSA/Snowmobiler correspondent next season
- Bob Corthell volunteered to be responsible for map boxes next season. Sully and Denise Sullivan were thanked for having done these jobs for so long.
- At the April meeting we will grill burgers & hot dogs (donated by Hannaford) left over from the Rally.
Adjourned 7:40 PM
Next meeting April 8, 2016.
Respectfully Submitted, Jean Preis, Secretary